10 November, 2008

Back at it!

5 hours

First off I am back and so happy to be covered in aluminum shavings!!! So I got the engine in the garage now but am not ready for it yet so it’s pushed in the corner, but I can work on the wings so that’s what I did today.

I drilled the holes for the wiring conduit, I had to setup from a #30 to about 3/8” with a unibit then to 3/4” with another unibit that had a 12” extension to get through all the ribs were there is no access panel. Deburing the holes was a pain and the bit did not make the cleanest holes but I use a deremel tool and some scotch bright to make everything good again.

Then I decided that I should debur and dimple all the ribs as that needs to happen and I didn’t want the conduit to get in the way, I don’t think that it would be a problem to dimple later now that I can see it all in place.

The hardest part was getting that stupid conduit in the holes and worst threw the tightly spaced inboard ribs, it took a long time but it’s in there and I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon. Here are some pictures.
Hi my name is KC and I approve this install!

Well I’ll get the other wing tomorrow but it’s time for bed. Keep an eye for more updates as I will be back in the airplane factory!

No comments: