15 June, 2008

So I almost got my Prop...

I got to help someone out with there RV this week. How you ask as I am over in Iraq, well let me explain.

Unfortunately someone came back to find that there plane had been involved in a ground collision as there were away. This has got to be one of the most gut wrenching things that could happen to a brand new aircraft owner/builder. After some tough decisions the owner decided to get the plane back into the air. The only problem then becomes wait times for the parts.

The owner wants to get back into the air ASAP and the prop is required for some of the building/fitting of the new parts and unfortunately there is a 10-16 week wait time for the prop. Well it just so happened that I saw a post on vanairforce.net that he wanted to know if someone could part with a new prop, or take his/her spot in line. It just so happened that I ordered my prop a wail ago and being that I am over in the desert I can’t use mine so we contacted Vans to see what could be done.

It was this guys lucky day as my prop was literally sitting on the dock of Hartzell and was able to be rerouted to his house! Now he is ordering me a new prop and it should be arriving at my house when I get back from this deployment.

How cool, I get to help someone out from miles away. Made me feel good and now I don’t have to get a friend to throw the prop in my garage so be there all alone without me.Hopefully I will get to see my old / new prop one day somewhere and we can swap lies over a beverage or two.

No comments: