19 January, 2009

Hotel Whiskey ER Tanks...

I have been thinking about this for a long time and I think I am going to push go on the extended range tanks. I want the legs but not the weight but I think in the end I will be happy with them, here are some of my concerns:
1. Weight (10#s for the life of the plane)
2. Cost ($1800!!!)
3. Will I get water in the tanks as they are going to be empty most of the time?
4. Will I use them enough to make up for the cost of the tanks?
5. Complexity / how much time does it add to the build?
6. Will there still be room in the wing tips for a archer antenna and nav/landing lights?
7. Will they change the roll rate?

You can see there are always pluses and minuses but I think in the long run having longer legs will be a good thing. I will try and call HW today and see what they say. Also I have been emailing Danny King who installed them in Doll and he is very happy with them am and recommends them.

Decisions decisions…

No comments: