12 November, 2008

Time for some QCing

3.5 hours

So tonight I didn’t touch the wings but instead I decided that I need to go step by step with the book and see what they did and didn’t do on my Quick Build. I have read the manual many times in the desert and even on my last trip to Little Rock but without the plane and manual and the drawings all staring at me I am a little lost.

I started in the beginning hoping that they put the book close to in order and I started finding little things immediately. I riveted the recess in the firewall thing, got to do some deburring and dimpling. Then I looked at the brake fluid brace that I fabed up before and match drilled it. I also had a bit of counter sinking and dimpling to do on the firewall.


Dimpling the firewall recess, I also got to smash a few rivets =)

The one question I have for Vans is why do 90% of a task when it would be harder to me to stop there and move on. I know it’s the whole 51% rule and all but for there to be a row of rivets and all are dimpled except 8 of the 100 why? Maybe I am missing something but I found the part that needed to go there so I dimpled it and put it there, I guess I’ll just be happy that they did the other 92 =)


See they do most of the steps that you thnk they would but the did miss a few...

OK bed time, I am beat, this going back to work thing is really a drag!

No comments: