22 November, 2008

Rudder and Brake Pedals

5 Hours

Today I worked on the brake pedals. It’s more of that drilling, deburing, countersinking and well you get the idea. One of the tricky parts today was I had to align the rudder pedals to neutral and align the brake pedals so they were all the same so that when I drilled the master cylinders to the pedals it would all look and more importantly BE right.


I have been looking a lot at Dan Checkoway’s webpage and he did a really good job documenting his build. He showed how he centered everything up and I just followed his lead and it turned out great!


Yes you noticed that I don’t have a plumb but gravity works with about anything and this will work till I get a set that I will need for the rigging of the wings.




I just need to prime the parts tomorrow and then rivet the brake pedals together. Next is drilling the holes for the rudder assembly so that it can adjust back and forth on the forward longerons, I think I can do all that tomorrow, but things do always tend to take longer then I think.


I hope to have what this looks like in the plane for you tomorrow.

No comments: