16 November, 2008

Ouch!

2 Hours (not counting the ER)
So today I started with making some parts.
I cut 1.5 of the rudder stops before I had to take a little break. I got to take this break as part of a lesson that I learned…

NEVER PUT YOUR FINGERS IN FRONT OF THE BANDSAW BLADE!!!!!!

I was cutting a small tiny piece of angle stock and got mixed up and was pushing it with my left thumb on the piece that I was cutting and yep, I pushed my thumb right into the blade! I ran inside washed it off and well felt a little woozy so I called my buddy Josh and he took me to the ER.

Yea it kinda hurt, it was a clean cut but it was a saw not a knife so the blade removed stuff instead of just cutting it =0
The glove

They looked at it and after an Xray they said there was no metal in it so they poured some glue on it and sent me on my way. I knew there was not much they could do but better safe then sorry. I thought that I needed some food so Josh and I went to the Egg and I and filled our bellies.

After I returned home I had to pack a bag and head north to Casper to hangout with my sister and Watch a Monster truck Rally! More on that on my kctrips.blogspot.com page.

No comments: